Aw, boo. Just when I thought I was done with all this moderately successful incense stuff. I don’t think I’ll make up the incense. When it comes time to using it, I think I’ll just burn a stick of sandalwood and a stick of patchouli at the same time.
Animal Spirit Oil
Blend the following oils and herbs into 1 ounce of safflower oil, grape seed oil, or vegetable glycerin:
- 3 drops patchouli essential oil
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops vetiver or iris essential oil
- A pinch of dried patchouli
Animal Spirit Incense
- Handful of dried, powdered sandalwood
- 2 tablespoons dried patchouli leaf
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
To these dry ingredients, mix in 5 drops of vetiver or iris essential oil and 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.
Since I have oodles and oodles of elemental oil and sabbat oil where I used a whole ounce of oil, I decided we’d just stick with drams here, so my oil is much more concentrated. I used about 3 drops of patchouli, 2 cinnamon, 3 eucalyptus, and 3 of Scotch pine. For whatever reason, the pine was calling me as being more ‘animal’ in this application. Also, I didn’t have any vetiver or orris root. It has a very nice, mellow scent over all.